The afghan for the Mary Maxim design competition has been hibernating for a while – I set it aside to finish up my brother-in-law’s lap blanket, and then when I went back to competition knitting, the shawl was calling to me, so I’ve been working on that recently.
After more false starts than I can count, I finally settled on something that works: an integral i-cord edge at the top, and a very simple lace border (much like the one used on Hearts Ease) at the bottom. I’m just about at the halfway point, and I am definitely looking forward to the decreases .. it seems to go so much faster when the triangle is getting smaller.
As always, it’ll look much better after blocking, but here’s a sneak preview:
The Prism yarn is working out really well – I see that it’s listed on the Mary Maxim site now … in fact, it’s on sale!