I recently ordered some cool stuff that celebrates Just Keep Knitting: tote bags, mouse pads, pens, t-shirts, that kind of thing.
Since the box arrived the other day, I figure it’s time for a giveaway!
Here’s how it’s gonna work:
- You need to have read Just Keep Knitting to qualify for this one! If you don’t have a copy, you can order one here, or get the ebook (immediate delivery!) here.
- Next, you need to write a comment about the book – nothing huge, just a quick blurb so that potential readers know what you think about it. Be honest! Balanced reviews are best, really.
- Where do you do this comment thing? Probably the very best place is Goodreads – membership there is free, and it is a great way to check out what others say about a book before you buy it or take it out from the library. I will often see a book that looks potentially interesting in the online library listings, but as I can’t just flip through it when I’m choosing books remotely, I pop over to Goodreads and check out what others have said about it before I make up my mind. It’s a great resource!
- If you have an electronic copy of the book, leave your comment wherever you purchased it: Smashwords, the iTunes bookstore, Barnes & Noble, wherever.
- Feel free to comment in multiple places if you can – Goodreads and Smashwords, iTunes and the Kobo store, whatever works for you.
- After you make your comments, come back here and post a comment, letting me know where you’ve left your remarks. You get one entry for every comment you leave out there on the net.
- If posting comments elsewhere isn’t your thing, you can leave a ‘review blurb’ here, as a comment on this blog post, and I’ll count that as an entry too.
- *added after a late night thought* You can also talk about the book in a post on your blog … and that’ll count for three entries!
The contest will stay open until May 31: plenty of time for those who haven’t yet read the book to catch up. Winners will be selected by random draw and then contacted for a postal address so that their surprise can be sent in the mail! Be sure to leave some kind of identifying tag on your post – if you comment here anonymously, just use your initials or something in your post so that you stand out from the crowd!
Ready … set … read … then write!